Chicken Parm Soup
(adapted from: www.delish.com)
That pesky groundhog saw his shadow, which means 6 more weeks of winter. Warm up any night of the week with this delicious, hearty soup that’s sure to help you escape to Italy!
TOTAL TIME: 0:35
• 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 large onion, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tbsp. tomato paste
• 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 15-oz can diced or crushed tomatoes
• 6 c. low-sodium chicken broth
• 8 oz. (half box) penne
• 12 oz. breaded chicken (cooked and cut into 1" pieces) or cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
• 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
• 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
• 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
• Coarse salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender and golden, 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Stir in tomato paste and crushed red pepper flakes.
2. Add canned tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to asimmer. Add penne and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes, then add chicken, mozzarella, Parmesan, and parsley and season generously with salt and pepper. Let cheese melt, then ladle into bowls.
3. Serve topped with more Parmesan and parsley.