BLACKFOOT, ID – July 7, 2020 – Bingham Healthcare is thrilled to announce that they are launching an artwork contest, sponsored by Dan E. Robinson, DPM, MHA, podiatrist and foot & ankle specialist at Bingham Healthcare Orthopedics & Sports Medicine. All Idahoans are asked to submit a unique piece of artwork that focuses on the foot or ankle or both (submitted only on canvas or paper so the winning pieces of artwork can be framed).
“Currently, my exam rooms do not have any artwork on the walls,” says Dr. Robinson. “From all of the entries, we are going to select a total of six pieces of artwork, which will then be hung in my exam rooms, along with the artists’ names. I thought this would be an exciting opportunity to engage with the community and invoke a spirit of creativity surrounding the foot and ankle, celebrating a body part that we often take for granted.”
Dr. Robinson is hoping all artists throughout Idaho will participate for a chance to win. There are five categories:
- Ages 5-8 ($50 prize – 1 winner)
- Ages 9-12 ($150 prize – 1 winner)
- Ages 13-17 ($200 prize – 1 winner)
- Ages 18 and over ($500 prize – 2 winners in this category)
- High school senior and/or college student ($500 scholarship - 1 winner)
To participate, and, for additional information, please visit: www.BinghamHealthcare.org/Art-Contest.
- Each artist may submit a piece of artwork related to the foot and ankle no later than Friday, August 21, 2020.
- Participants can design or create a piece of artwork anyway they like, keeping in mind that it will have to be hung on a wall.
- All artwork must be submitted on canvas or paper so the winning pieces can be framed.
- The artwork can be creative, abstract, or anatomically correct.
- Please be sure to fill out the form on this landing page completely so Bingham knows how to contact the winners. www.BinghamHealthcare.org/Art-Contest
- There are size specifications that need to be adhered to for a piece of artwork. (see below)
Size of Artwork Guidelines
Ages 12 and Under
- 11-by-14 inches
Ages 13 and Up
Please note that Bingham will not be accepting physical entries at this time. The first step is to create a piece of artwork and submit a digital photo of the artwork, which should be uploaded to this website. The six winners will be selected from the digital photo and then the winners will be asked to drop off their physical pieces of artwork in person.
All artwork will be judged by an internal panel and the six winners will be chosen by the end of August 2020.
“I greatly appreciate the communities support in this contest and look forward to seeing all of the creative foot- and ankle-related entries,” says Dr. Robinson! “I hope everyone will be as excited about this as I am.”
About Dan E. Robinson, DPM, MHA – Podiatrist
To learn more about Dr. Robinson, please visit: https://www.binghammemorial.org/dan-e-robinson-dpm