FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BLACKFOOT, Idaho – September 1, 2016 – Bingham Memorial Hospital (BMH) is excited to announce that they have kicked off their 2nd Annual Back-to-School Coloring Contest, sponsored by Dr. Gary M. Ullery, pediatrician and internal medicine specialist at BMH. This year’s theme is: “When I grow up, I want to be…”
“I believe that coloring can be a fun, healthy, and educational experience that develops creativity,” says Dr. Ullery. “Coloring has several benefits, which include helping kids with hand-eye coordination, developing the skills of patience and attention to details, and practice holding a writing instrument. Coloring also helps a child to simply relax and be comfortable while being creative.”
BMH is hoping all creative coloring artists from grades K through 8 will participate for a chance to win:
- Up to $10,000 for their school.
- $500 for their class.
- A new bike with helmet for themselves.
There are three categories and three ways for your school to win:
- Group 1: Grades K-2 ($3,000 prize for the school & $500 prize for the classroom)
- Group 2: Grades 3-5 ($3,000 prize for the school & $500 prize for the classroom)
- Group 3: Grades 6-8 ($3,000 prize for the school & $500 prize for the classroom)
To participate, download the entry template by visiting www.BinghamMemorial.org/coloringcontest.
For everyone participating from groups 1 and 2, they can print the entry form and color the Bingham Memorial logo with what they want to be when they grow up, such as a doctor, firefighter, marine biologist, astronaut, chef. For everyone in group 3, students can print the entry form and color a picture of what they want to be when they grow up.
- Each student may submit one colored picture no later than Friday, September 30th.
- Students can design, create, and color right on the entry form decorated with crayons, markers, paint, pencils—any way they like.
- Any elementary or middle school aged students in eastern Idaho may participate. The more entries we receive from each school, the better chances of winning.
- Please be sure to fill out the entry form completely so Bingham Memorial knows how to contact the winners.
All entries/submissions can be dropped off at any of the Bingham Memorial Offices in Idaho Falls, Shelley, Blackfoot, or Pocatello. To find an office, please visit www.binghammemorial.org/find-an-office
Or, entries can be mailed to:
Bingham Memorial Hospital
ATTN: Mark Baker
98 Poplar Street
Blackfoot, ID 83221
Designs will be judged by a panel of “coloring experts,” and a winner will be chosen in October. The prizes will be presented to the winning students, teachers, and schools at an awards ceremony in October.
On your mark, get set, COLOR! Happy coloring and good luck!