BLACKFOOT, ID – November 14, 2021 – Dr. Nathan E. Sneddon, MD, local interventional spine and pain specialist at Bingham Healthcare Pain Management, became the first doctor in the State of Idaho to implant a revolutionary new kind of medical device as part of his ongoing effort to combat debilitating back pain.
Developed by Spinal Simplicity, the FDA approved spinal fusion device Minuteman G3R offers a revolutionary approach for medical professionals like Dr. Sneddon. The minimally invasive device provides fixation and stabilization of the lumbar spine while bone graft material propagates and ultimately provides as full stabilization between vertebrae in the spinal column.
Dr. Sneddon, who is based in Idaho Falls and Blackfoot, is a double board-certified pain management specialist trained in anesthesiology and interventional pain medicine. His years of surgical training supplement his specialized pain management training and provide him a unique perspective when treating patients and performing interventional procedures.
“I am always looking out for new and minimally invasive ways to improve the treatment of back pain,” Dr. Sneddon said. “The Minuteman device is a real game changer. This is because the Minuteman unlike anything we do in pain management actually treats the source of pain rather than serve as a band-aid for pain. I am already seeing it do wonders for the people of Idaho who suffer from degenerative spine conditions.”
Features and benefits of the Minuteman include the following:
- Minimally invasive: alternative to traditional pedicle screws and other spinous process plates.
- Ligament preservation: of the supraspinatus ligament helps maintain stabilization of the spine.
- 5 anatomical sizes: 5 sizes to accommodate variations in patient anatomy.
- Low profile: With 12mm removable portion of the implant body.
- Lateral MIS approach: eliminates the lateral dissection of the healthy tissue (neural monitoring is not required).
- Safer zone: lateral MIS approach is above the facet joints, avoiding the nural and vascular structures.
Countless Idaho residents suffer from degenerative spinal disease. Thanks to surgeons like Dr. Sneddon who stay at the cutting edge of treatment options and revolutionary advancements in the design of medical devices, Idahoans can be optimistic about entering a new era where back pain can finally take a back seat.
About Spinal Simplicity
Spinal Simplicity, LLC was founded in 2008 by Dr. Harold Hess, a practicing neurosurgeon, and Todd Moseley, an entrepreneur with over 30 years’ experience in orthopedics. Spinal Simplicity is a company dedicated to the creation of innovative, simple solutions for complex spinal problems.