To prepare your taste buds for the Eastern Idaho State Fair and football season, enjoy these crispy, golden brown jalapeno inspired corn fritters with a thrill ride of flavors, including jalapenos, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon.
Total Time: 30 min
· 2 cups corn (~4 ears)
· 1/2 cup flour* (or corn flour, or rice flour, etc)
· 1 egg
· 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
· 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
· 2+ jalapeno peppers, diced
· 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
· 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
· 1 teaspoon coriander, toasted and ground
· 2 green onions, sliced
· 1 handful cilantro, chopped
· 1 lime, zest and juice
· 2 tablespoons oil
Mix the corn, flour, egg, cheddar cheese, cream cheese,
jalapenos, bacon, paprika, coriander, green onion, cilantro and
lime juice in a bowl.
Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, form into 1/4 cup
patties and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2-4
minutes per side.
*Note: Use enough flour that the mixture holds together to form
Option: Top with jalapeno popper dressing.
(adapted from: www.closetcooking.com Recipe posted by Kevin Lynch)
Click here to download printable version